Fast & Effective Way to Increase Productivity & Get a Knockout Body
Challenge: How do I stay in shape if all I ever do is work?
Solution: Employ a highly efficient 30-minute workout (provided) that burns calories and blasts fat.
(Photo by Haber Photography)
Even though part of my job is very active, I find myself getting incredibly antsy on the days I spend writing at my desk. I get easily distracted by emails, texts, Twitter, and a few too many trips to the pantry for snacks I definitely don’t need. Not to mention the abyss that is Pinterest. I will go on for one minute to find a quote for my blog, then 45 minutes later find myself looking at wedding table settings. Last time I checked, I am not getting married anytime soon! But it’s just so easy to get lost in the pretty pictures, while simultaneously snacking my way through an entire bag of popcorn. It’s a snowball effect; If I sit for a while, I eat too much, and I am far less likely to get in a solid workout.
I find it is much easier to stay focused and maintain my figure when scheduling a short break for exercise. It does not take much – just 30 minutes of exercise to boost my energy and keep me on track. Interval training is key.
This simple solution will keep you looking fabulously fit without having to log endless hours at the gym. Interval training is designed to burn fat after you’re done exercising – It speeds up your metabolism, and keeps it high for up to 24 hours post-workout.
What’s critical is actively scheduling it into your day. Before the week begins, take a few minutes to schedule one 30-minute workout session, five days a week. This is time you deserve, time that will give you the confidence you have been looking for to strut your stuff in front of the gorgeous someone you’ve been eyeing. These 30-minute sessions will change your figure and actually improve your productivity at work. You’ll stoke your metabolism, strengthen your muscles, and return to your desk with the energy and focus you need to fly through your to-do list in record time.
30 Minutes to a Hotter Bod – No Equipment Needed!
Perform each exercise as fast as possible for 30 seconds. Perform the entire routine 10 times. Spend the last five minutes performing basic stretches or yoga (see appendix).
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms extended straight out from shoulders. Bend knees and shift hips back to lower into a squat until thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Drive through your feet as you come back to standing. Keep chest lifted, core engaged, and arms extended out during the entire movement.
- Lie faceup on the floor with knees bent and feet flat, hip-width apart. Bring hands behind your head and elbows out wide. Curl up off your shoulder blades, bringing chest toward the ceiling.
- Lower back down to the floor and repeat. Do not pull on your head or use your neck to lift up. The movement is coming from engaging the abdominals.
- Come into pushup position with hands directly below shoulders, feet hip-width apart. Your body should form a straight line from head to ankles. Bend elbows and slowly lower chest to the ground.
- Press back up, extending your arms as quickly as possible. Keep core and legs engaged the entire time, and avoid arching your back or letting hips sag.
- Lie faceup on the floor with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and arms by your sides. Raise your hips so your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees, squeezing your glutes and pressing slightly out with your knees the entire time.
- Lower back down, and repeat.
©Nora Tobin All Rights Reserved