https://stumblinginstilettos.com/wp-content/uploads/DSC_0041_2.jpg 2847 2821 Nora Tobin http://stumblinginstilettos.com/wp-content/uploads/sis_logo_350x153.png Nora Tobin2015-02-27 20:13:452015-02-27 20:13:45The Best Workout for Sculpted Arms & a Perky Chest
The Best Workout for Sculpted Arms & a Perky Chest
Whether we are going out on a date, heading to an event or letting it loose on the dance floor with a group of girlfriends, we always feel better when our body is tight and toned. Sculpted arms and a perky chest are the perfect way to show your strength while still looking incredibly sexy. This workout will perk up the chest, tone the shoulders and give you major definition in the arms!
How it Works: Perform 10 reps of each exercise. Repeat the entire series three times through.
Equipment Required: One barbell and one medicine ball (10-20 pounds)
Curl to Press:
- Stand with feet hip width apart holding the dumbbells by your side. Bend elbows and curl the weights up to shoulder height.
- Turn palms to face forward and press weights directly overhead. Keep shoulder blades drawn together and avoid shrugging your shoulders.
- Return weights back to starting point and repeat movement. Keep core engaged and chest up the entire time.
- Bring feet hip-width apart and hold the barbell in front of hips. Bend knees, shift hips back and bring torso close to parallel with the ground.
- Bend elbows and draw bar up to chest height. Draw shoulder blades together and keep chest up.
- Slowly extend arms back to straight then repeat the movement. Keep glutes and core engaged the entire time.
- Lie on your back with knees bent and elbows directly out from shoulders. Hold the medicine ball in both hands. Throw ball as high up as possible, directly above your chest.
- Return ball back to center and repeat movement. Maintain a neutral spine and strong core the entire time.
Medicine Ball Pushups:
- Come into a pushup position with hands directly out from shoulders and feet hip-width apart. Place medicine ball directly under right hand. Bend elbows and lower entire body toward the floor in one motion.
- Once you come to your lowest point, press through your hands to come all the way back up to original position. Make sure you do not let your hips sink and always keep legs engaged.
- Repeat the movement for 10 reps then move the medicine ball into the other hand. Perform 10 more reps.
- Hold barbell with hands slightly wider than shoulder width. Bring bar overhead with shoulders drawn away from the ears. Keep your chest up and hips neutral.
- Hold barbell in a static position for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Maintain strong posture and straight arms the entire time.
For additional workouts, recipes and more, please follow me on Twitter @NoraTobin and www.noratobin.com!