Crop tops have become the new and improved halter. From flowery prints to bandage tops, you can bet you’ll see many of the celebs, as well as local gals rocking this cute style. If you are well stocked for the season, the next step is the workout. It does not take an hour in the gym or a million workout classes to tighten up your tummy. It just takes a few moves each day. A few moves with help you get a strong sexy core, which is hard to miss in a crop top!
These core moves are designed to strengthen and tone your entire stomach, giving you just the right combo of toned and trim. Perform each exercise for one minute. Repeat the series three times. Try to incorporate the routine 5-6 times per week.
Straight Arm Plank with Knee to Chest
1. Place both hands on medicine ball and extend legs straight back. Deeply engaged the core and legs the entire time.
2. Drive right knee up toward ball. Return back to starting position then switch sides. If it is too much pressure on your wrists, you can perform this exercise without the medicine ball.
3. Continue alternating for 30 seconds.
1. Come onto your side with feet stacked on top of one another and elbow directly under shoulder. Press hips up toward the sky and engage glutes.
2. Extend top arm up directly above shoulder. Maintain a one straight line from shoulders to feet.
3. Hold for 30 seconds each side.
Downward Dog with Knee to Chest
1. Come into a straight-arm plank with wrists under shoulders and feet hip-width apart. Shift hips up and back forming an upside down v position with your body.
2. Lift right leg up above hip. Slowly draw knee toward chest, using core to draw inward. Extend leg back to straight above hip. Repeat movement for 30 seconds each side.
Medicine Ball Push-Ups
1. Come into a push-up position with the medicine ball under your right hand. Form a straight line from your head to heels.
2. Deeply bend at the elbows and lower down leading with your chest. Press back up to starting position and repeat the movement.
3. Perform 30 seconds each side.